Tuesday, September 4, 2012

10 Books I'm Reading This Fall

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. There's a new book-related top ten list every single week and it is a great way to get to know other book-loving bloggers! Everyone is welcome to join in the weekly linky party, even if you can't think of TEN for a certain Tuesday (just think of as many as you can!), just make sure you link back to The Broke and the Bookish if you do!

This week's topic is:

TOP TEN BOOKS ON MY FALL TBR LIST
My "to-read" list for this upcoming season contains a bunch of books already on my nightstand! I'm in that mode right now where I want to accomplish what is before me before I make any other future plans - that includes my reading life. In fact, I believe there are only three new releases on my list! Alas, all but one of these books is new to me and isn't that all that matters? Well, enough talk about the list, let's get to it!

 
1. The Maze Runner I'm in Chapter 23, but I had to return the book to the library (the fees were getting excessive. I have to head back to the library to pick it up to finish it up this Fall. I was finally getting into the book, so I'm looking forward to see what happens next! By the way, for those of you keeping up... YES, this book was on my summer "to read" list!

 2.  The Great Gatsby Another book already started. I am loving this book, but keep getting distracted along the way (plus the book got buried in a book pile where I couldn't find it for a couple of days!). I'd like to finish this book before the movie comes out this winter, so it is a definite Fall read!

3. The Universe In A Nutshell  Maybe this should just be on my 2012-2013 "to read" list. I mean, honestly, am I really  going to be able to finish this book this Fall? It has taken me days to get up to page 20! Either way, it is thoroughly fascinating and, thankfully, I have the illustrated version to help me visualize some of the more complex topics (which would be... well... all of them!).
4. Divergent I've been trying to get this book at my library all summer, but I guess because it made it to some local summer reading lists, it's been a lost cause. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get my hands on a copy this Fall. 

 
5. The Book Thief I've had this on my TBR list for a long time now. I remember discussing this book with work friends (today marks the beginning of the third year I am not going back to work!). I think it is high time I get these pages behind me.

6. The Hobbit This is a re-read. It has been over a decade since my first read of the book and I'd like to reread before the first part of The Hobbit hits theaters this December. I am really looking forward to that movie, but I also miss reading Tolkien!

 
7. Ready Player One This book has been recommended to me as a "must read" for my nerd-cred. I'm putting it on my Fall TBR list. I'm looking forward to it, actually!

8. The Rise of Nine  I'm hooked on the I Am Number Four series! I did not like the movie adaptation, but enjoyed the first book. I wasn't as impressed by book #2, so I'm bracing myself for this third one, but still feel the need to find out what happens next.

 
9. Origin I received a copy of this book at BEA back in June and I've been really excited to get started with it. So far (and I'm not that far into it) I'm already intrigued by the jungle setting and the suspicion I feel at the word "perfect."
10. The Casual Vacancy I'm expecting to find this on a bunch of lists today! Who can resist new words from JK?! Not me! I haven't pre-ordered my copy and, as I'm typing this, I'm wondering why I haven't!! 


That's my list! What's on yours? Also, do you have any notes about the books on my list? Sound off in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment