Monday, October 1, 2012

Poem [Quatern] - Words to See

Your words were there for us to see
When tales were told to family
Passed on and on year after year
And teaching those with open ears.

When inks spilled on fruits of the tree
Your words were there for us to see
Artfully etched lines from the spill
Await eyes with the reading skill.

And with the magic of the press
Those pages were filled with less stress
Your words were there for us to see
Bound within leather so handsomely .

Power surged in technology
Transforming pages into "e"
Through wires and waves magically
Your words were there for us to see.

~Nicole Rivera
Quatern

This poem is known as a quatern. The rules of a quatern are as follows:

  • There are 16 lines.
  • Four stanzas with four lines each.
  • The first line repeats four times in the poem in the following places: 1st line in the 1st stanza, 2nd line in the 2nd stanza, 3rd line in the 3rd stanza, and 4th line in the 4th stanza.

OctPoWriMo

This poem is my first contribution to this month's writing challenge presented by Morgan Dragonwillow called OctPoWriMo. Morgan and her other poetically inclined buddy Julie Jordan Scott are challenging us all to write one poem a day for the month of October.

So far I am one for one. Let's see if I can keep it going!!

Much thanks to Morgan for the challenge and also for directing me to ShadowPoetry.com where I learned what a quatern is!

The Blog Hop

To see who else is participating in OctPoWriMo, or to jump in for yourself, check out the links below:

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done and I do believe you are the first poem of this poetic experience! Thanks for the mentions and I am so glad you decided to join us. I too very much love Shadowpoetry.com with all of its wonderful examples of different types of poetry. I am so pleased you found it useful and inspiring. I so love stirring the pot of imagination!

    ReplyDelete