Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A New Tradition

I have been blogging a lot lately. Not here, of course, (this is only my second post), but on my other blogs, most notably Searching for Sustenance. Anyway, I try to accomplish most of that "work" during the day while my husband is at work, but, at times I still have some last minute things to wrap up in the evening. At first this was difficult - finding the time to sneak away to the office rather than spend time with my husband when I can, but in the last week or so a new tradition has emerged.

My husband is reading the book I Am Number Four. I gave him this assignment because I read it, liked it and the movie is coming out this Friday. I kind of have this obsession about reading the book before the movie comes out and I do everything in my power to impose this obsession upon my husband as well.

So here we are. I have to blog. He has to read. It is perfect. We come into the office, bring the dogs (we have two) with us and we all hang out in quiet togetherness each evening. The dogs love it because this room is small and they feel close to us. I love it because I am getting extra work done without neglecting anyone and we are only using a very little bit of electricity in one room. My husband likes it because he is sprawled out on a futon reading comfortably.

New traditions are nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment