Sunday, February 27, 2011

To All The Dogs I've Loved Before

I once had a dog named Buffy,
She's not what I would call fluffy
Instead she was ridiculously furry 
And never in too much of a hurry
But that didn't make me love her any less.

I once had a dog named Chewy
Whose puppy face made my heart go all gooey
She ate my glasses, the garbage and my books
But the Lord gave her such good looks 
And THAT'S what always led to her forgiveness.

I once had a dog named Champ
And with him I finally understood the term "scamp"
He would jump up and down 
Because he's so low to the ground
And if ignored would become completely distressed.

I once had a dog named Ashley
She taught me about true loyalty
Watching our family, whole,
Loving us heart and soul,
For that dog we all felt truly blessed.

I once had a dog named Rufus
His story really confused us
Mom told us he went to a farm 
And we knew that was a little charm 
Until we learned t'was the TRUTH when his new owner finally confessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment