Thursday, March 24, 2011

Donut Daydreams

THEN...
Delightful surprise
On a Wednesday
Night. Maybe Daddy will bring them
Upstairs from his poker game
To share with us.

NOW...
Don't talk about them!
Oh! Why does everything delicious have gluten in it?
Nicole, you don't need it... you don't even want it
Until someone mentions a French Cruller!
Temptation at its peak! Will I crumble???


This post was writ­ten for the Red Writ­ing Hood Prompt: This week's Red Writing Hood assignment is to write a piece, fiction or non-fiction, inspired by the delicious shot. (picture above)

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, clever. Amazing what details can be learned about a person in a simple acrostic - thanks for this unique approach to an interesting prompt. Did you succumb??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not succumb... YET! I try not to think about French Crullers too often, so when I saw this prompt it was kind of like a mini horror for me. In a moment of weakness I wrote this because I thought I would not be able to think about donuts for any longer than this would allow!! :D

    I may, someday, revisit this prompt when I have grown a thicker shell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute, and I love the comparison of then and now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love the now and then. The love and denial. lol

    Visiting from TRDC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, this was a fun take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever. And yes, why do so many wonderful things have gluten (or dairy, or peanuts, or whatever one cannot have) in it?

    I really like the snapshot of the father, the simple gesture of sharing the donuts. It says so much in so little.

    ReplyDelete