Sunday, July 22, 2012

Words in the Wind

OK. I did it. 10 pages of my first novel were just handed over to three writing group peeps.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Alright. I got that out of my system.

Luckily I'm hard at work on novel number two through Fast Draft, so I can't really sit here and stare at the pages I sent away and wonder What are they thinking? How will I show my face at the next writing group meeting? or Who the hell do I think I am writing a novel???

No time for that.
I've got writing to do!

I only just cracked 160 pages in novel number two and I'm itching to get to its conclusion. I know I need a lot of help in the editing/revising world, but I'll worry about that when I reach it.

For now, I'm going to keep this short because I have 20 pages to write tonight, along with a need to see Breaking Bad which I will be reviewing for Word of the Nerd, and maybe I should get some dinner put together for me, the hubby and the dog. Just sayin' - I've noticed that all these beautiful words have failed to fill any bellies around here!

Page counts since Wednesday:
Thursday: 23 pages
Friday: 10 pages
Saturday: 3 pages
Sunday: 0 pages so far (because YOU are distracting me!!)

Here's what I've learned: 
  1. The next time I plan to do a "Fast Draft" project, I will not decide 48 hours before and I will actually plan ahead in terms of doing tons of loads of laundry, cooking meals and blog ahead of time and clearing my calendar of distract-able events!
  2. I don't think I have been doing FastDraft correctly. I'm not sure I've been employing my notebook correctly during my writing process and fear I am letting super awesome ideas slip by me due to this fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment