Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Under Construction...

A couple of weeks ago I had a great idea for a new blog (this happens to me at least once a month). My excitement was insurmountable. But something kept holding me back from going forward.  I thought about it over night and finally decided I needed someone's else approval to strike out into this new world. The next morning I  told my husband about it, not revealing any reservations I had about going forward. He smiled and nodded as I went on. When I finished he said, "It sounds like a good idea, I just don't understand why you need a new blog for it." I was struck dumb.

My husband was genuine in his confusion. Since he has never blogged before, he was sure it was his own inexperience that caused it. It wasn't. He was right and in that moment I realized I had a problem: I am addicted to "new blogs". I have fourteen blogs on this blogger account! I can honestly say that only two of them have garnered any serious attention from me - my first two:
I don't know when I started feeling constricted by Rivera Runs Through It, but that stops now. I am going back to my roots, and recreating this blog to be my blog again. And this time, rather than squirreling away my "food talk" on another blog, or my "health talk" on another, it will all be here, along with all of the stuff I have been sharing on Rivera Runs Through It all along. I don't think it will be too much of a change (except there will be more writing than there has been of late!), but I wanted to let my regular readers know that I am currently "Under Construction" here in this corner of the blog-verse.

Two changes have already gone into effect: 1. the look of Rivera Runs Through It has changed and, 2. the "About Me" page has been changed, come check it out. However, before you head off into the future, here's one more look at the old "About Me" page:

The Original "About Me"
This is a work in progress. This is the "About Me In Pictures." I still have more to add.

I had a lot of fun at my wedding. I don't think I was alone!
Someday I hope to go back to Venice.
I have been to a trapezing class. It didn't help. I am not graceful.
I have been to a number of comic book conventions. ...so has this guy.
I held a baby starfish in my hand in the tide pools outside of Trinidad, California. Tide pools are amazing.
I really like San Francisco, a lot.
I am in awe of the Redwood National forest. I NEED to go back!
I might be a ninja.
I think Nice, France is beautiful. I have done nothing to the colors in this photo - THAT is what the water looks like!
There is nothing quite like a well-made Mojito. This one, the best I have had so far, was in Dallas. (See how happy my eyes are?)
My husband and I love each other.
I love concerts. This is Lenny Kravitz at the Irving Plaza.
I have been found, alone in a room with a book when the whole family is out celebrating the 4th of July (ahem... that's called GRAD SCHOOL!)
I got to see some pretty amazing things on my honeymoon. (Il Duomo in Florence, Italy, for example)
I have been known to look quite ridiculous all in the name of making a headache go away.
Sometimes I find it necessary to be silly.
I've been to the Collesium.
I have been in the CitiField press room. THAT was pretty awesome!
I'm married to this guy. This photo is from our honeymoon - one stop in Florence, Italy.
I live in Converse sneakers. I have many colors.
I have had some pretty exciting birthday cakes!
I am a Mets fan. I loved Shea Stadium (this was my last day there) and I love Citi Field even more!
My husband and I have a pretty cool bamboo design on our bedroom wall that we stenciled ourselves. We rock!
I was there (at Bank Street College of Education) celebrating the end of a three year intensive program.
I used to hang out in Teacher's Lounges a lot.
I miss my dog Chewy and how she used to "Rooooo" so pretty.
In the summertime I lke to find out what fee activities the Parks department is running (usually my husband and I are the only adults there without kids).
I love my dog Buffy, she is so sweet (except when she does evil beagle things).
I LOVE the Muppets. Don't be surprised if I let them Guest blog from time to time! :)
I love Champ. He was my Grandma's dog, but I inherited him. He's a good boy.
We like Halloween.
I think it is safe to say that I have more math-themed t-shirts than the average person.
I am, unfortunately, a Muggle.
One of my favorite things in the world is when my husband and my brother laugh together.
Sometimes, when I am learning, I need to be in the front of the class.
I think being a ghost for Halloween is the coolest thing ever!
I got to go inside Google NYC headquarters for an entire day of training. Officially I am allowed to go around saying, "I am a Google Certified Teacher."
I really love my techie toys, especially if they have something to do with Mr. Jobs.
For the last two years Shea Stadium was open, these were my Saturday seats. Every Saturday home game. (If you know Shea Stadium, you know the red seats means this must have been BEFORE I lost a part of my vision due to IIH!).
I use a tens unit when my back pain gets crazy-bad. This little machine is MY HERO!!
This is room 315. It is, perhaps, my favorite room in the school I work in. I lovingly call it "The Lounge of the Misfit Teachers" (a la The Island of the Misfit Toys in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer).
This is my furry family.

If you are now sick of learning about me, and want, to, instead, learn about this blog, you should read Rivera Runs Through It: The Blog.

Or, head over to the new and improved: About Me & This Blog Page!
~Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment