Wednesday, May 29, 2013

7 Big Take Aways From BEA Bloggers Conference 2013

BookExpo America 2013
I spent my entire day in the Jacob Javits Center for the BEA Bloggers Conference. I learned so much, met a bunch of super cool people and even brought home a nice stack of new reads. All that came from today can not be expressed in one post, but I thought I would do a quick, off the top of my head list of big take aways from the day. (I promise to expand upon these in the future!)
  • "What are you reading?" is an important question that people have stopped asking each other for some reason. We should change that.
  • It is important to develop relationships with our local book sellers and libraries.
  • Love of books can be spread beyond your blog by getting involved in your community.
  • Clear and conspicuous disclosure statements need to be written whenever on book reviews of books that are received for free. One disclosure statement in a sidebar of a blog will not suffice.
  • The Vine APP is cool and I need to start using it.
  • Triberr is another social media outlet to put on my "you need to check this out" list.
and, my personal favorite life lesson:
  •  I SHOULD ALWAYS CARRY AN EXTRA PEN WITH ME. (I was seriously the most embarrassing writer on the face of this planet: my pen ran out of ink and I had NO REPLACEMENT!)
That's all for now. I have to get to bed to get ready for day two of my adventure. For your entertainment until my next post, don't forget to check into the BEA LIVESTREAM to see what's happening right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment