Thursday, May 30, 2013

BEA 2013 Book Party and Livestream


Again I find myself sitting before my keyboard thoroughly exhausted and exhilarated. Today was the first official day of BookExpo America and, for me, that translated into one thing: BOOKS. There are so many new titles coming our way to be excited about.

I started reading Eve Silver's Rush (it will be released on June 11th) on the way home and I'm already hooked. I went to the BEA YA Editor's Buzz Panel where I was given a sneak peek at five new titles for this Fall that I can't wait to begin. I got Lemony Snicket's new book and met the man himself! Of course, I ran half way across the convention center to get a copy of a new book on writing.

I'm not going to list all the titles that I got right now. I apologize for that, but I simply can't move to go retrieve them. I have to reserve my energy for tomorrow. I'm hoping to get a hold of Holly Black's new book and I can't wait for the BEA YA Middle Grades Buzz in the morning. I will say this, for most of the autographs I got today, I asked the authors to sign it "To RRTI Reader" because I'm planning on giving these books to YOU as soon as I finish reviewing them, so stay tuned for all the exciting reading coming your way!!

In the meantime, stay tuned to the BEA Livestream all day Friday where you can see awesome things like the Children"s Book & Authors Breakfast featuring one of my favorites, Rick Riordan as well as Veronica Roth (don't yell at me because I still haven't read Divergent there are SO MANY BOOKS in this world!) and Mary Pope Osborne with Octavia Spencer as the Master of Ceremonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment