Friday, July 19, 2013

TGIF

I thought I'd be blogging tonight in celebration. I thought I'd be screaming, "Thank God it's Friday!" because, more than the ending of a week, I thought today was going to mark the end of an incredibly stressful chapter of my life. Whether it was a happy ending, or a confusingly unhappy one, I thought at least I would be done with disability hearings, testimony and the questioning of my intentions. For months, I have had July 19, 2013: 9 am emblazoned on my brain as the day. Today was supposed to be my supplemental disability hearing.

It wasn't.

At around 5pm on July 18th my lawyer's office received a phone call that my hearing would be postponed.

Again.

No new date was given.

More than 24 hours after I received the news, I can share this news calmly - maybe even with a hint of amusement. These are the hoops I must jump through.

Fine.

Through the fury, the cursing and the "why me?'s" after last night's news, I remembered that I have been through worse. Waiting is not the worst thing in the world.

I may lose my house, but I have my sight.

I may live in financial uncertainty, but I am loved.

I may still have pain and symptoms, but support from Social Security was never going to cure that.

I will survive. I will wait.

I can not thank everyone enough for the thoughts, the well-wishes and the virtual messages. I know that all the prayers helped me have a great day today, even if it wasn't the day I planned. So, I thank you, deeply and sincerely, from the depths of my heart.



6 comments:

  1. Joanne Walsh-LopesJuly 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM

    you are just..... amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you have to wait a little longer, but your day will come.


    Hoping for the best for you, Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thedamselindisdressJuly 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM

    Hang in there! **hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I'm just like Dory in Finding Nemo - I "just keep swimming!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Chris! I have been silently lurking around your blog. I hope all of your writing projects are moving forward nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Joanne, although I think it's more like I just was smart enough not to write anything down until I spent over 24 hours calming myself down!

    ReplyDelete