Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What's Up Wednesday and SD31DBBB

It's time for my check-in with Jaime Morrow's What's Up Wednesday blog hop!

What I'm Reading

The list remains the same as last week, with two exceptions.

1. I finished The Poor Bastard by Joe Matt. Our book club meeting got switched until next Monday, so we'll see if anyone in the group had better feelings about this book than I did. The only thing I can say (as I wrote on Goodreads) is that I don't think I have ever read a more appropriately titled book!


Shop Indie Bookstores
2. I am now also reading Doctor Who: Who-ology. With this book I have now taken my fandom to a whole different level of geekdom. I can NOT believe that I am actually enjoying reading timelines based on a television series! Any minute now I expect my husband to call the sanitarium. In the meantime, I will be all kinds of ready for the fiftieth anniversary episode on November 23, 2013 (who's counting down the minutes? NOT ME!)

Quick Updates on a couple of the other reads:

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline is just plain brilliant. I am intentionally taking my time with it because I don't want it to end.

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green reached a level of hilarity yesterday that I actually found myself laughing out loud while sitting by myself in the Barnes & Noble Cafe. Who doesn't love when that happens?

The Fantastic Family Whipple by Matthew Ward reached a point where I put the book down, turned to my husband and said, "This is just plain ridiculousness." At that moment I was annoyed by it. A couple of hours later I picked up the book telling myself it was time for some ridiculousness and I started flying through the story. Isn't it interesting how much your mood can affect how you enjoy a book?
What I'm Writing

Tomorrow begins StoryDam's Open House Extravaganza (relaunch of storydam.com), so I have been doing A LOT of prep for that. I rewrote the entire beginning of Dear 302 and realized that, while I am extremely excited about the direction the novel is taking, I will not be able to do what needs to be done there until the site's relaunch is complete.


In the meantime, since I want to make sure I am still writing and staying creative, I am looking forward to participating in tomorrow's trifecta writing challenge again. I am happy with what I came up with for last week, so hopefully I can do something fun for tomorrow!

What I've Been Up To

Blogging, preparing for blogging, helping with grad school work and recovering. Tuesday I had to take a three hour nap to sleep off the mother of all headaches from overwhelm. I pray the same thing doesn't happen again today.

On Saturday I went to my writing group and had a lot of fun catching up with everyone since I missed the last meeting. The group is growing! I RSVPed "No" to this Saturday's meeting because it is my FIVE YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, but I fear my husband's HW may eat up any truly exciting plans...

The only other excitement I can think of is that last night I made pizza! This is very exciting in my gluten free dairy free life. I promise it wasn't inedible - my gluten and dairy loving husband insisted on me making a second pie! If you have the same restrictions, I highly recommend Bob's Red Mill Gluten free pizza dough mix and Daiya's dairy free mozzarella shreds.

If you are a writer and a blogger, check this out!
What Inspires Me Right Now

Possibility.

I'm getting ready to start the StoryDam 31 Days to Build A Better Blog Challenge, StoryDam's relaunch is coming and I feel like we are rounding the corner to see the end of my husband's Master's program. All of these things are bubbling over with great possibility.  Right now I am inspired by all of the "might be"s in my life. 

How has your week been? 
Any new reads or fantastic writing happening in your world?
Where are you finding your inspiration RIGHT NOW?

2 comments:

  1. I totally just popped over to story dam and I'm having way to much fun exploring to write anything meaningful here. So thanks for introducing me to this cool site, that I somehow totally missed until now. Maybe that's because you're just now having a relaunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The site has been on the back burner for a while. We are happy to be back up and running. Every Thursday night at 8pm EST we have a #StoryDam chat. Feel free to drop in and to meet us all in *real time*!

    ReplyDelete