Monday, August 5, 2013

My Elevator Pitch

Thanks to my involvement with the StoryDam community, I am knee-deep involved with the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog challenge. In fact, I am leading the community through it!


Today marks day one of the program which means we are talking about my elevator pitch. If you want to know all about elevator pitches and how you should think about creating one of your own, then I highly recommend that you read my post Writing An Elevator Pitch for Your Blog on StoryDam.com. If, however, you are only interested in how I am developing my own elevator pitch for Rivera Runs Through It, then I invite you to read on.

My Passion

I have had many passions over the course of this lifetime of mine, but the one that begs for expression on this blog is my passion for stories.

My Audience

Over the course of the last couple of years I believe that the people who have begun to gather around Rivera Runs Through It are also entranced with stories. However, they can be more specifically be divided into two, not necessarily mutually exclusive, groups - readers and writers.

What I Do Here

After a lot of waffling around here on Rivera Runs Through It, I have settled upon a rhythm of writing and reviewing that I do like. I hope you like it as well, because after thinking long and hard about it, I have settled upon an elevator pitch that I am going to use to describe what Rivera Runs Through It is all about.

Rivera Runs Through It's Elevator Pitch

Rivera Runs Through It is a blog where I enjoy and explore stories from creation to consumption through reviews, reading and writing.  


What Am I Missing?

As you are a reader of Rivera Runs Through It, I invite you to tell me what you think. Am I missing something? Does Rivera Runs Through It represent something other than what this pitch proclaims? Let me know in the comments section below. One of the things I love about blogs is there power to always be updated. If I make a mistake on my elevator pitch on Monday, I can rewrite it and update it on Tuesday leaving no evidence behind of my infraction!

Do you have an elevator pitch for your blog?
Have you ever gone through the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog challenge before?
What types of things do you expect to read when you come to Rivera Runs Through It?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for leading this!! I only recently read your blog, but that pitch sounds really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fida. I have the sneaking suspicion that I am going to be tweaking it, but today it feels right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pitch and I can relate to trying to settle on what the blog is about. This isn't an easy project. Thanks so much for spearheading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pitch! And I *love* your "about" paragraph. It's great.

    ReplyDelete