Friday, August 30, 2013

Have You Ever Read A Book With A Missing Ending?


The Book Blogger Hop's question of the week is a peek into a horrific world I am so happy I have never journeyed to. Kero submitted the following question for us to answer:

Have you ever ended up reading a book with its last or last few pages missing?

Thankfully this has never happened to me! I don't know what I would do if it did. If I hadn't reached the point of the missing pages in the middle of the night, I'd probably run right up to the bookstore to read the ending in another copy of the book - and, let's be honest, if I liked the bok, I'd probably buy the complete copy.

While I never read any books with last pages missing, I have read some books with the covers missing. I didn't know at the time that those covers were missing for a reason! The first such book I read was Trump: The Art of the Deal. I was in middle school, maybe 11 or 12 years old and my school bus driver somehow picked up that I liked to read (I guess I read a lot on the bus!). One day he asked me if I'd like the books he had sitting on his dashboard. I felt so honored that he wanted to give me such BIG books! I was also fascinated by Donald Trump (Mom would take us to Trump Tower just to see "how the other half lived"), so it was an extra bonus. The other book was a war book, I think. I never read that one, but I loved the Trump book.



Have you ever read a book with some of the pieces missing? 
How did you deal with it?
Where did you get this fractured book?

1 comment:

  1. It would make me completely batty to get to the end and find pages missing. An immediate trip to the bookstore would be necessary.

    My daughter got a library book the other day that was missing pages 3 and 4. Being that early in the story, she was still able to read it...but it still annoyed me.

    ReplyDelete