Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What's Up Wednesday - All the Finish Lines in Sight

Happy happy hump day! It's, once again, time for me to bring you all up to date with What's Up Wednesday brought to me by Jaime Morrow.

What I'm Reading




First of all, as I am typing this I am listening to the final chapters of The Cuckoo's Calling. I need to know what happens. If I wait until after it is over to blog, then my post will be super late, so, instead I am multi-tasking (we'll see how long that lasts).



I am also reading City of Bones because the movie comes out TODAY and I haven't finished the book yet. When I realized this yesterday (at around 11:30 pm) I was on page 50. I am now on page 172. It's a fast read, but I don't think I'll be ready to see the movie tonight. It may have to wait (especially since I am audiobook-ing right now!).



Thirdly, last night my husband bought me the book I was reading in the Barnes & Noble Cafe - The True Secret of Writing. I loved Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones, so I am really looking forward to finishing this one as well.



What I'm Writing

I have two goals for the writing week ahead.

1. Complete my writing group's take-home prompt. I have a writing group meeting on Saturday, so I'd like to participate in this week's take-home writing prompt. It has a minimum word count of 300 words, so I should be able to do that without a problem.

2. Write one story about my father from my own experience. If you read my last week's What's Up Wednesday, then you know about the new project I have taken on to write a book about my father for my brother. I reached out to family and friends for their input, but now it is time that I start collecting my own thoughts!!

What Inspires Me Right Now

Back to school!!! 'Tis the season for creativity for me!

For twelve years these were the weeks that I was brimming with excitement, with potential and brilliant, glorious plans! Nothing could ever get me down as I was preparing for a brand new school year and, even though this will be the third back to school season that will start without me in the classroom, still nothing can wash away the wonder. 

What Else I'm Up To

As the title of this post implies, all of the finish lines are in sight. This Sunday is the end of my husband's Master degree. This has been a long journey, partially due to my own sickness, so it will be a relief when it is done. And, as we have been putting the final touches on that work, I received news of another long sought out finish line in the mail. My (repeatedly postponed) disability hearing has a new date: September 12th. This is it. They can't postpone again, my application was filed in May 2011, so now they are up against a deadline - a decision must be made by the end of this September!

Then, in a completely random twist, my husband decided to scare the hell out of me last night with a prehistoric feature, so I recorded it for youtube:



How's your week and Wednesday going?
What awesome reads are you immersed in this week?
Are you inspired by the beginning of the school year?

No comments:

Post a Comment