Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Today

Some days feel so ordinary when they begin. They carry no weight of their own based on schedule, date or expectation. Today, like another September 11th in my life, began that way. The only significance today held was in its expectation of tomorrow. So much so that all I wrote about on this blog was tomorrow.

Tomorrow is no longer the date that shall live in infamy in this family. Today is.

I was scheduled to have my final disability hearing tomorrow morning. This journey began in May 2011. I had my first hearing on February 12, 2013. A second was scheduled for July 19, 2013, then postponed on July 18th. Tomorrow was the rescheduled date.

At exactly 4:00pm I received a phone call from my lawyer's office telling me I was no longer required to go to the hearing. I thought it was postponed again.

I was wrong.

The judge made her decision. It was favorable. It is over. I have been approved.

I thank you all that have kept me in your prayers, that have sent your well wishes and that have continued to be understanding as I unendingly write about my personal dramas.  Today couldn't have happened without you.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if 'congrats' is the right word, but I'm failing to come up with a more appropriate one at the moment. I'm glad that this is all behind you and ended in your favor. Maybe 'congrats' *is* the right word?

    ReplyDelete