Friday, July 29, 2011

SPOTLESS!

Have you ever had a spot on your  windshield, your mirror, or, my fellow eyeglasses wearers, on your lens? A spot can be maddening, it can ruin your day and can alter your view of the world around you. Things seem a bit off when the spot is around...

Spots don't just live on reflective surfaces either - maybe you have one on your wall, maybe there is a spot of paint gone wrong on your ceiling, maybe you got a spot of some mysterious foodstuff on your shirt! Let's face it. Spots crop up everywhere and they are rarely giving anyone happy feelings inside.

I've had a spot that has sort of been bugging me for awhile, although I tried to pretend it didn't. It was a spot on my blog. In fact, it was called, quite plainly: blogspot. It has been on my blog since its inception, which made me feel, at times, that it might even belong here, however, as the months rattled on I began to see it for what it was a pestering, intrusive, long-winded spot.

Something had to be done about it. My blogspot had to go.

This week I finally gathered the fortitude to do something about it.  I bought a domain name! This blog has a brand-new, spotless address at 
Don't worry if about all the http://www.RiveraRunsThroughIt.blogspot.com links out there, they will all still lead here, but for future reference this address just got eight characters shorter!

Much thanks goes out to HostGator, where I purchased my domain name, to Blogger and Google for making the transition relatively painless and to this guy gal, Improbulus, whose blog post about changing domains on Blogger was the clearest of the options I searched!

No comments:

Post a Comment