Thursday, December 1, 2011

THE END [NaNoWriMo]

I am happy to say I am officially a 2011 winner of NaNoWriMo. I wrote 50,000 words within the month of November, but I told you that already. What I did not tell you, what I could not tell you was that I finished the novel. I am pleased to say, that tonight, at just over 70,000 words I reached THE END.

This is merely a first draft. I have not reread anything I have written all month (Lord help me!), so I have no idea what the future holds for these 70K words of mine, but I feel pleased that I have come this far. The plan now, as difficult as it is to even think of, is to walk away from these words and not look at them until January. At that point I will sit down, read (armed with some sort of editing device), and rip my darling to pieces.

In the interim, it is back to blogging, reading and writing short stuff.

If you are curious as to how my month of writing fell out, below is a picture of the stats so meticulously gathered by the NaNoWriMo website. You can see there was a lot of sporadic writing. There were good days, bad days, healthy days, pained days, and some serious marathon sessions of writing. It was quite an experience overall and I hope to participate again.
total words written is less than 70K, because I was not permitted to update after midnight on 12/1/11.
I'm looking forward to reconnecting with the world now that November is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment