Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Inherit the Wind by Jerome Lawrence & Robert E. Lee


The following post is taken directly from my hand-printed Reader's Journal. I will be sharing these reflections each week on the Rivera Runs Through It blog. The date at the end of each post is the date of the original writing, which is typically the date I completed the book. The reflections are short, but represent my initial reactions to a book, a brief summary of the book or the questions it raised for me at the time. I hope you enjoy this segment in my blog and feel free to comment on what you read here.




Inherit the Wind by Jerome Lawrence & Robert E. Lee


The only play in my students' reading list. It was based on the Monkey Trial of 1925, but was not a direct account. This would have just been another interesting "look back" at history if I didn't recently find out that there are some cities that STILL forbid the teaching of evolution! I am, once again, intrigued by this difference of thought and am beginning to think that I should read the Bible.
Last book on the summer reading list!

Dated: 07/27/02
 
Do you think plays should be read, or reserved only for performances?
Have you read the Bible?

No comments:

Post a Comment