Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Reading Journals

My reading journals starting with an entry on 01/01/01

This morning I decided one of the rooms in our house needed rearranging. It happens to be, of course, a room filled with book cases and books of my own, of my husband's, and resources for either of our respective teaching content areas - in short, there were a lot of books in there! The only way to move the book cases was to remove the books, move the cases and return the books. Through this process I made a wonderful discovery.


I rediscovered my Reader's Journals. To be honest with you, it's not that I forgot about them (well, I did think I only had one), it is simply that I did not realize how faithful I was to them. I have nearly four years worth of my reading reflections contained in these two books! As I flipped through the pages I was so grateful that I had written in them and that I had kept them. What wonderful artifacts of a piece of my reading history and a piece of myself!

At this point in my life, I recognize that I have used blogging and book clubs to replace that piece of reflection after reading each book, but there is still something so special about writing these short entries that I think I may come back and visit for myself!

In the meantime, I would like to share my reflections with you! Each week I am going to post one of my reflections from my Reader's Journal so you can learn a little bit about a bunch of books I read and, perhaps, in the interim, a little bit about me!

Do you keep a Reader's Journal? If so, how long have you done so?
 
By the way, if you are interested in getting a Reading Journal for yourself (which I HIGHLY recommend!), here are the journals that Amazon.com has available:
The Reading Journal Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment