Saturday, June 4, 2011

Get a Clue with Kludgy Mom

I can't think about StumbleUpon without thinking of Kludgy Mom. It is not that this is, per se, her claim to fame, it just happens to be how our paths crossed in the winter of 2010. I was going through Darren Rowse's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog for the first time and became curious about using StumbleUpon as a promotion tool for my blog. I had no idea what it was, but I found Kludgy Mom's blog and was swept away by its design, its simplicity and her depth of knowledge of social media.
The first post I ever read from the Kludgy Mom blog is one I continue to recommend to new Stumblers to this day:
What I learned in that post has been enough to turn me into a stumblin' junkie that has StumbleUpon as one of my leading traffic sources month after month.

Since that time, Kludgy Mom has continued to teach me about Social Media, introduce me to new ways of finding income on the Internet and make me laugh with her and at myself with her fabulous sense of humor. As you will see when you visit Kludgy Mom's blog, she is a woman of many talents. She claims in her tagline that Kludgy Mom is "the art of living haphazardly," and while the haphazard part of that statement may be what initially draws our attention, it is this Austin mom's art that wows us post after post.

Some of my favorite posts from Kludgy Mom are:
Take a moment now to head on over to the Kludgy Mom blog to see what her latest post is about - and be ready for anything: social media, product/app reviews, a recipe, a lesson for bloggers, or just a humorous post about a day in the life of Kludgy Mom. Whatever it is, I am sure you will be better off for having read it!
***

This post was written as the first official post of my continuing series on My Stumble Buddies. To be a part of our StumbleUpon party to read and stumble week by week, come visit the Kludgy Mom community in Blog Frog!

Other Stumble Buddy Posts:
 


**Don't forget Rivera Runs Through It now has a brand-spankin' new FaceBook Fan page waiting for YOU to LIKE it!!**

5 comments:

  1. What a cool feature! Love it! And love Kludgy Mom, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! Great idea for a series. I've met so many great bloggers through SU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what I kept thinking! All of you guys rock - especially those of you that return week after week. I learn so much, I enjoy the posts so much that I always want to spread the word. I was able to, in a small part, on Searching for Sustenance if someone wrote a food related post, or something on topic that I could link to to direct my readers to, but even with that I never got the TRUE opportunity to toot the horns of those who deserved!
    Now, with a weekly spotlight post I get that chance. I haven't determined the order or who I'll write about next, but I'm sure it goes without saying that you two buddies are both on my list!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole,
    you crack me up! i love your posts! and your new tagline it's going in my weekly wrap up! i don't remember this one from February! I need to get back into the stumble upon group more frequently! i'm a pretty loyal person but after our last 31 day program i had a "little" slouch/dark period going on and I'm happy that I'm moving past it and getting back to myself 100%. so glad to have you joining me again in the 31 days!
    shelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelley,

    I hear you, there is QUITE a dip after 31DBBB! It is a rough patch to rumble over, which is why I was SO happy IT CAME BACK!!

    In fact, one of my major focuses this time is to think about HOW to maintain the same type of energy and dedication that having this group seems to help me to do.

    One day at a time, right?

    Thanks for stopping by!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete