Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Muppets Magic - Alive and Well

I have just returned from seeing the best movie of 2011.

Am I biased?

Maybe.

However, I argue that my expectations were so high that perhaps this declaration should be taken with some weight. The movie I am writing about here is none other than The Muppets.

The Muppets have a special place in my heart. I was raised with the Muppets. The Muppet Show was my first experience with appointment TV. The Muppet Babies were my motivation to wake up early on Saturday mornings. The Muppet Movie was the first ever film I saw in the theater, just before I was three years old. The Muppets have taught me to never give up, always be positive, to sing a little song to make the day a little happier, and that laughter is a universal language understood by all creatures.

Tonight I went to see the new Muppet movie wondering if, after a twelve year hiatus, the Muppet magic could still be captured. I am elated to say it can and for this reason Jason Segel will forever be one of my creative heroes!

From the first scene in the movie, it is unquestioningly Muppet Mayhem! The movie was fantastic. When I think of Muppets I think of music, laughs, lots of fur, a Muppet dream, a major conflict and show that simply must go on! All of these things are alive and well in The Muppets. It is evident that this movie was created by fans who not only know the Muppets, but also get them.



To quote Animal, I say you should "SEE MOVIE! SEE MOVIE!"

If you don't want to take our word for it, here are five other reviews for The Muppets rolled up into one!


Have you seen The Muppets yet? 
If so, what was your opinion?
If you took your kids to the movie, how did they respond?

No comments:

Post a Comment