Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis


The following post is taken directly from my hand-printed Reader's Journal. I will be sharing these reflections each week on the Rivera Runs Through It blog. The date at the end of each post is the date of the original writing, which is typically the date I completed the book. The reflections are short, but represent my initial reactions to a book, a brief summary of the book or the questions it raised for me at the time. I hope you enjoy this segment in my blog and feel free to comment on what you read here.





The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis

Eustace returns to Narnia with a school friend, Jill, to save Caspian's son who has been kidnapped by the Witch in the Underworld. This is the sixth book (second to last) and I can see where the conclusion of the tale is going. I look forward to book seven The Last Battle.

Dated: 12/28/03

Based on my lack-luster interest in the book previous this one I *nearly* gave up on the Narnia series. However, I had purchased them all, and felt obligated to finish them to their conclusion. By the end of this book I was happy I had made that decision. Have you ever had a similar experience with a book series?



No comments:

Post a Comment