Sunday, January 6, 2013

Goodreads Reading Challenge

I did it!


For my 2012 Goodreads Reading Challenge I challenged myself to read 52 books in the year. I figured one book per week wasn't too much of a stretch for someone who loves reading as much as I do. It shouldn't have been, anyway, but by December I found myself over 15 books behind on my reading.

I didn't think I was going to squeeze it out and, some may say that I "cheated" in the end, but before the clock struck 12am on January 1, 2013, I had read 54 books.

Now I have to catch up on my reviews! I have a lot of books to review and share. The whole year was an awesome read, but December was particularly exciting with so many stories jammed into such a short amount of time. There were novels, graphic novels, children's books and audiobooks all absorbed during the holiday season.

I was so inspired by my December Read-a-Thon that I quickly created my 2013 Reading Challenge and decided to really reach for the stars:

My new goal is 100 books, and I've already read six! I'm looking forward to sharing them all here so you can find yourself in some book love this year.

Happy Reading!

Do you participate in any kind of reading challenges?
What do you think is a reasonable amount of books to read in one year?
Do you think children's picture books should be counted as "reads"?

No comments:

Post a Comment