Monday, January 28, 2013

My Hometown A to Z Challenge

Staten Island has been my home for nearly thirty-seven years. Everything I have experienced in this life has been through the filter of a native Staten Islander's senses.

Whether we approve or not our homes help frame our lives and our personalities. For the next twenty-six weeks I am going to embark on a blogging A to Z challenge of my own creation giving a nod of respect to the place that made me who I am today: each week I will post one creative non-fiction post inspired by a Staten Island location beginning with that week's letter.

I hope to flex my memoirist muscles with this activity and, at the same time, share a little bit of myself and my home with you. If you are a fellow writer/blogger who would like to join the challenge I'll be starting next Monday with an essay based on a memory of a hometown spot that begins with an "A" - come on back and share your link in the comments section, I'd love to have a buddy along for this ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment