Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Story on Wattpad

Last Spring I found out about and opened an account on Wattpad, but I haven't done anything with it since. Also, back in the Spring I wrote my second novel which I called Now What? On Monday, I decided to unearth both of these forgotten experiments and bring them both to life. I posted (so far) the first two chapters of my first draft of Now What? on my Wattpad account.

I reread the novel on Monday and discovered that what I had written was more of a YA romance than a YA scifi book. Alas, it is what it is. It needs more editing, but I hope to add more chapters in the coming weeks. As it stands, the first draft is 13 chapters long. I'd love to know what you think of the first two chapters. If you have the time, here they are:




I know I need to do a better job of writing my description, but I've decided to start sharing as I tinker with this story, instead of keeping it all secret.

Have you ever used Wattpad or a website like it to share your writing?
Have you ever set our to write one genre and come up with another?
 

2 comments:

  1. I have had stories pull unexpected genre switches on me, that's for sure! Wattpad intrigues me... but makes me nervous because I already feel spread so thin. Keep me posted on how it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jumped into Wattpad because I am looking for somewhere to expose my stories. I like the way I can embed them here on my blog, so I can share them with my readers without making that the main focus of a blog post (though I did that today, in the future I can blog about other stuff and just add a "by the way, here's something new on Wattpad"). My only issue with Wattpad so far is that there are SO MANY people on it, I can't figure out where I want to begin my reading!
    I also like that Wattpad has an iPhone app, so I can read on the run if I'd like.

    ReplyDelete