Monday, October 17, 2011

DIY Halloween Crafts

I just got this book yesterday, but honestly I couldn't wait to share it with all of my readers! If you are the crafty kind and you are looking for some fun ideas for this Halloween, then you need to check out Witch Craft: Wicked Accessories, Creepy-Cute Toys, Magical Treats, and More!from Quirk Books. The moment I saw the cover of this book I was already under its spell!

This collection of crafts, recipes and creations compiled by Margaret McGuire and Alicia Kachmar has something for everyone. Whether you are looking for something to share at a Halloween party, make with your kids or just use for yourself (did you catch a glimpse of those ruby slippers on the cover?!) this book has got Halloween fun spilled all through its pages! While I still have a-ways to go until I get the whole sewing thing down, there's enough of the foodie-fun to keep me distracted and family and friends impressed while I learn using the tips and resources laid out in the "Witchy Stitches" section of the book (thank you so much for thinking of us newbie seamstresses!).
Simple and yummy!
There are house decorations like the fuzzy bats, crystal balls, spell jars and trick or treat garlands. There are accessories like the ruby slippers, spider earrings or the spider web hat (complete with spider!). There are toys like the good witch doll, creepy crocheted bones or the plushy poison apples. And, of course, there are the treats like the chocolate marshmallow skulls, the witches brew, or the cupcake graveyard. All together, this book contains 27 different Witch Crafts to keep you busy this season!

If your creative juices are flowing and you're looking for some new and fun crafts to try out this season, I highly recommend you check out this book. The pictures are bright and colorful. The directions are clear along with a little "EEEK bat" whenever a helpful hint is necessary. There are even references to a website which includes helpful hints associated with some of the crafts within the book.

If you are particularly impressed by one or more of the creations in the book, the final section of the book, called "About the Witch Crafters" gives you a first-person account of inspiration from each of the contributors and where they can be found in both the virtual and global world. Each of the contributors has either a website or an online shop where you can continue to connect with them as I am sure they continue to create.

Well, crafters, this one is a no-brainer: you need to go check out Witch Craft and share it with your crafty friends! I, on the other hand, need to get my hands on some supplies so I can try some of these crafts out and share my endeavors with you!



Do you have a favorite Halloween craft or craft book?

I met the cool people from Quirk Books at 
the New York Comic Con. Their website
is worth checking out, as they call themselves 
"Seekers of all things AWESOME."

No comments:

Post a Comment