Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Occupy Wall Street

This past Saturday, I took my first trip to Liberty Plaza in Manhattan to check out the scene at the, now world famous, Occupy Wall Street gathering sight.

There is much to be shared about that first visit, but with this first post, I will share the visuals. I will let the pictures tell the first story...


First thing I was handed when I got there. Brilliant!
The rules of the plaza.
A dated map of the plaza.
Everyone stood quietly around and read these words as he (she?) spun for us...
the message was clear,
There were A LOT of people
There is a comfort station set up for everyone to use.
And as mainstream media has advertised, the youth is empowered and is raising their voice!
This view from Trinity Place, shows the park was filled throughout.
But no matter how crowded, the occupiers weren't leaving...
because this is no time to clown around.
GreenPeace even parked their super-cool solar truck next to the park.
Occupiers gathered to make music together.
Another occupier set up a canvas to paint.
The view from the center of the park, (the kitchen was behind me).
Here you can catch a glimpse of the kitchen (look for the BBQ) and some media.
I finally found some foodies!!
Lobbying and trading from the youth's perspective.
And some new math from an occupier who knows this isn't just the nation's youth's fight!
On Wall Street where money is everything, this sign claims it is THE problem.
One last view from Broadway, as I set off, but I know I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment