Sunday, March 4, 2012

Do You Love T-Shirts As Much As I Do?

Last June I wrote about the first essential piece of my everyday wardrobe: converse sneakers, in a post entitled 10 Reasons I LIVE in Converse Sneakers (which I really, really do). However, my expression of self does not end with my feet. In addition to my colorful collection I happen to adore t-shirts. Not just any old t-shirts, either, they have to say something or mean something and if they have some sort of geek reference, well then that's just 1,000 times better.

While writing this post I am wearing a brand new t-shirt that I simply can't stop smiling about. It is a Buffy the Vampire Slayer t-shirt and it is awesome.
Please ignore the mess behind me... I still haven't settled all of the files into my new filing cabinet.
Here's why I love the shirt:
  1. I am an über-fan of the television show Buffy the Vampire Slayer (in case you didn't pick it up, that's why my beagle's name is Buffy).
  2. Buffy and the "Scoobies" are adorable in this design.
  3. I have never seen this design before (and I am always on the hunt for cool new BtVS t-shirts).
  4. The shirt cost me only ten dollars!!!
Yep. $10. That's it. 

You see, it is from this website that I am now addicted to. Have you heard of TeeFury? I don't know how I heard of it (I wish I could give someone credit for this!), but ever since I have it has become a daily check in for me.

Here's how they work, in their own words:
TeeFury.com: $10 limited edition tshirts!
So what's teeFury all about anyway?
TeeFury is a place where you will find amazing tees at amazing prices (and occasionally other non-tee things). It's pretty simple - one new super limited-edition tee every 24 hours for $10.

What happened to yesterday's tee or any of the other previous tees?
Each tee goes up for sale everyday at midnight eastern time. Once it sells out, or after 24 hours, whichever comes first, that tee is gone. And when we say, "gone", we mean G-O-N-E - never to be sold again at TeeFury. So, if you see something you like, and it hasn't sold out yet, you better grab one fast before the fat lady sings.

So you really only have ONE shirt for sale at a time on your entire site?
Yep. See above
 So... it's not just t-shirts, it's exciting t-shirts sold in an exciting way for a very cool price. I just think it is loads of fun. Here are some of the previous designs that have caught my eye:
I missed this one :(

Bought this for a Ghostbusters loving family member!
I think I'll be wearing this one tomorrow!
This was up long before I knew about teefury. I think it is brilliant! The design was called CoCoNuts.
I guess it goes without saying - I am a fan. It is for that reason that I decided to become an affiliate for teefury and put an ad for them in my sidebar. So, when you see this little box:
TeeFury.com
on the Rivera Runs Through It blog, now you know why its there. It's there because I love t-shirts, the shirts that I have received from Teefury are high quality and unique, and I thought, that if any of my readers were fans of cool geek and pop-culture referenced t-shirts they would really appreciate me sharing this information with them!

So do you love t-shirts, or know someone who does?
(I can't wait for Christmas to come back around now!)
Had you heard of teefury before?
Have you purchased any cool teefury shirts? If so, what designs caught your eye?
Do you know of any other super-cool places where I should be checking out t-shirts?

No comments:

Post a Comment