Wednesday, March 7, 2012

ROW80 I Still Love You!

I promised myself I would not miss out on another check-in for the ROW80 challenge and now I have about twenty minutes to slap this together. So let me get to it already!

What Happened to Me?

 MY WRITING: My "writer's mind" was captivated for the last month by a fantastic online writing workshop. Ironically, during this involvement I did not do a lot of writing because there was a lot of reading and then I spent my writing time reacting in the discussion forum!

MY READING: I read a heck of a lot this last month, but I did not make a lot of headway in my Goodreads 2012 Challenge. HOW COULD THIS BE?! I know, I know... I hear you. Well, my reading for my workshop does not count as reading a book. Also, I did a lot of reading for my writing on the Word of the Nerd website, but they were mostly single issue comic books or trade paperbacks that are not in the Goodreads database, so they don't count.

MY COMMUNITY: One place I made some progress was in finding more fellow writers. Just this week I created a BigTent group for the writers from the writing workshop so we can continue to connect and support one another now that our course has ended.

What's Next?

PLANS & SCHEDULES: This week I started creating a timed schedule for myself each day. I have covered every minute of the day and have set aside time for writing and blogging, as well as the ridiculousness that is laundry and other household chores (laundry is my arch nemesis!). After three days of this I can not believe how productive I have been!

CHALLENGES? I received an e-mail yesterday from the NaNoWriMo people telling me that Script Frenzy is starting next month. I almost dismissed it, I have no desire to write a script, but then they mentioned the option of script writing for a graphic novel and my mind started whirling with possibility... I'm thinking about it. I have a month to see if I can come up with an idea worth attempting. So I'll keep you updated on that front.


Well, that's about it. Part of my new scheduling plan is that I wake up crazy early every day, so I need to wrap this up and get to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment