Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling


The following post is taken directly from my hand-printed Reader's Journal. I will be sharing these reflections each week on the Rivera Runs Through It blog. The date at the end of each post is the date of the original writing, which is typically the date I completed the book. The reflections are short, but represent my initial reactions to a book, a brief summary of the book or the questions it raised for me at the time. I hope you enjoy this segment in my blog and feel free to comment on what you read here.



Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

Lord Voldemort is back and, in this book, is stronger than ever. His supporters, the Death Eaters, have regrouped and, therefore, Dumbeldore's opposition group the Order of the Phoenix, must gather itself once again. New characters and magics are introduced and Ron, Hermione and Harry finally take their O.W.L.s. Harry begins dating and Ron becomes an athlete. The future of Hogwarts also is in danger as the Ministry of Magic takes a stronger hold.

Dated: 06/27/03
For many, I have heard that this is their favorite book in the series, what about you?
How do you feel this book stacked up against the film?




No comments:

Post a Comment