Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis


The following post is taken directly from my hand-printed Reader's Journal. I will be sharing these reflections each week on the Rivera Runs Through It blog. The date at the end of each post is the date of the original writing, which is typically the date I completed the book. The reflections are short, but represent my initial reactions to a book, a brief summary of the book or the questions it raised for me at the time. I hope you enjoy this segment in my blog and feel free to comment on what you read here.




The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis


Book 3 of The Chronicles of Narnia. It is curious that the Chronicles are not stories of succession, but instead overlap one another. This story takes place during the same time as The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe, but refers very little to that story. Th characters are on a quest to find Narnia to free themselves from their lives, but know very little of the free land. Aslan shows up again and seems to be the only constant in these tales besides Narnia itself. I am intrigued by the parallels between Aslan and Christ in all the books.

Dated: 11/30/03

I believe the sequence of the Chronicles of Narnia is different than the sequence in which the books were originally published, when something like this occurs do you prefer to read books in the order in which they were published, or in the chronological order of the story being told? Why?



No comments:

Post a Comment