Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis


The following post is taken directly from my hand-printed Reader's Journal. I will be sharing these reflections each week on the Rivera Runs Through It blog. The date at the end of each post is the date of the original writing, which is typically the date I completed the book. The reflections are short, but represent my initial reactions to a book, a brief summary of the book or the questions it raised for me at the time. I hope you enjoy this segment in my blog and feel free to comment on what you read here.




Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis

Book 4 of The Chronicles of Narnia. It was nice to have to have Peter, Edmund, Susan and Lucy back in Narnia. They were called back by Su's magic horn to help Caspian bring Narnia back to its old enchantment. It had been ruined by hundreds (maybe thousands) of years being ruled by humans that did not believe in Aslan. The ending alludes to a possible return for Lucy and Edmund, but the time in Narnia has now ended for Peter and Susan - they are too old. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Dated: 12/07/03

In the book I am currently reading (Story Engineering by Larry Brooks) the author says that C.S. Lewis books "made no bones about selling you on worldview." While I find that to be inherently true, as a Catholic myself, I did not feel at any point during reading that these books were propaganda or selling me on anything. 
My question to fellow readers of The Chronicles of Narnia is, did you?


No comments:

Post a Comment