Friday, June 8, 2012

Buried in Books - My BEA2012 Reads

I was expecting it all week: a grandiose headline in the New York Post saying "Buried In Books!" over a picture of my body splayed on the pavement under four canvas bags spilling countless hardcovered and trade paperback novels over me with an article starting something like this:
NEW YORK, NY - A middle aged woman was found Thursday night on 42nd Avenue, buried and broken, underneath the weight of the Advanced Reader's Copies (ARCs) she gathered from her day at this year's Book Expo America. "I told her not to overdo it," her husband said to reporters as he came into Manhattan from their Staten Island home to gather the books, "This is ridiculous. She wants me to bring the books to the hospital!"[cont...]
It could go on from there. There could be added details about how my Intracranial Hypertension decided to attack with a whopping headache on Tuesday, how my Colitis gave me daily warnings about not leaving home, and how I had to take breaks more than the average person just to get through each day. However, the freak accident didn't occur, with all the breaks, and perhaps without as much flourish as a 100% healthy person: I made it.

And now that I am home, I have a lot to read. Don't believe me? Let me show you...

Four Days Worth of Book Blogger and Book Expo America 2012 Review Materials:
All of the books, bookmarks and info gathered from Book Expo America (BEA) 2012.
However, I realize that might be a little difficult to see, so here are some close-ups for you:
The Dog Lived and So Will I is actually autographed for me and Buffy (my beagle)!


SO many titles in this pile I am excited about... I don't know where to begin!
Burn for Burn  by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian  just happens to be the first book I started reading.


The 2012 Penguin Breathless Reads box set (which I WON on Thursday!).
The End of Men caught my eye, because the subtitle is "And The Rise Of Women" - Look Out Boys!
The non-fiction YA titles in this pile are books I can't wait to shout out about!
What's that on the bottom? A book from The Bloggess?! Oh yes it is, and she is AWESOME!
LOTS of bookmarks - many are autographed!
2013 calendar, my notebook full of even more info and goodies from my Meet & Greet with The Apocalypsies!
Comics!!
Information about some amazing books on Buffy, Star Trek's Federation, The Hobbit movie tie-in and a NEW C&H box set.
Aside from the bags I got from a number of exhibitors, that is everything gathered over the full four days. I am exhausted, my house is a mess and my dogs neglected - it's time to for me to play a bit of catch up with the life I put on hold for a week! In the meantime,
Have a great weekend and get ready for lots of GIVEAWAYS coming from Rivera Runs Through It (this way I really don't end up getting buried in books)!

No comments:

Post a Comment