Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The New 8-Week Cholesterol Cure


The following post is taken directly from my hand-printed Reader's Journal. I will be sharing these reflections each week on the Rivera Runs Through It blog. The date at the end of each post is the date of the original writing, which is typically the date I completed the book. The reflections are short, but represent my initial reactions to a book, a brief summary of the book or the questions it raised for me at the time. I hope you enjoy this segment in my blog and feel free to comment on what you read here.




The New 8-Week Cholesterol Cure by Robert E. Kowalski


My total cholesterol is 244 - very high - so needless to say I needed to read this book. I plan to go through this book again and take notes. Diet change and exercise I can do, but I am not sure of the niacin suggestion by Mr. Kowalski. I realize after reading this book that I need to take my cholesterol more seriously than I have. I have started by reading this book and hope that it can help me reduce my cholesterol without medication.

Dated: 01/20/04

I'm going to go ahead and guess that a brand new school semester got in the way of all of the lofty plans I had after reading this book. That's a real shame, too, because I'd love to tell you my cholesterol is at a healthy level eight years after I first read this book and finally realized I needed to take my cholesterol more seriously, but, alas, it is not. However, even my doctor was shocked to find that to be true after my dramatic weight loss, so we think it might be hereditary.
Do you have a tried and true cholesterol lowering tip you'd like to share? 
(By the way, since I have both gluten and dairy intolerances, I already DON'T eat any butter, cheese, milk and most desserts one can think of).


No comments:

Post a Comment