Friday, August 26, 2011

10 Tweetable Tales

This post was written in response to a Red Writing Hood writing prompt from Write On Edge.


This week's prompt is as follows:
This week’s assignment will require the fewest number of words ever: we want you to write a story – your choice of topic – as a tweet.
That’s right. One hundred and forty characters. Not words. Characters.

Below are my attempts to tell a tale in 140 characters or less (not including their titles, of course).


 
1. NIGHTMARE
She woke up sweating, shaken by the previous night’s dream.
What’s that feeling on her face?
Lights on - She screams -The spider flees.

2. THE WAIT
Two days I stare at a silent device.
Was it my laugh? Was it me?
We kissed, you smiled, the stars aligned.
Or maybe not, maybe -
IT’S YOU!

3. FRIGHTENED
Hello?
Is anyone there? I think the power’s out. My flashlight’s broken. My son doesn’t live around here. I don’t know what to do.
Hello?

4. AT THE VERY LEAST
“He ain’t here!” slamming the door, thinking that, at least, he’d shared his new address. But “the least” was always too much for her ex.

 5. THE PREQUEL
A boy, a fire dragon, and her egg - these are the ingredients for building a Leagacy. Flet clutched Sheleia’s egg awaiting the true battle.

6. HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST?
A bucket in one hand, an icy cold jug in another. I struggle through the aisle peeling my shoes from the sticky floor with each step.

7. CLASSY
College; Whatever 101:
“Blah, blah.”
I write it down.
“Psst, you got a pen?”
Sure.
“You got the notes?”
Yep.
“What’s your name?”
Interesting...

8. OUR SIXTH SENSE
Her eyes are wide. Her tongue dangles. The drool pools beneath her.
My head aches. My vision blurs.
The sky turns gray, the storm is coming.

9.  T.W.E.E.T.

Tell it
Without description
Emotion or
Expression
Through abbreviation, emoticons and links.

10. THE LAST OUT
Crack!
“I got it!” The words clear his stage.
He moves to the left, then to the right with the glove positioned over his head.
*Smack*
Cheers!

So that's it. Which one is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I have several favorites! They all have more story to tell. Which one are you gonna do first?

    ReplyDelete