Thursday, January 12, 2012

7 Fun Finds of The Week

Well, it's been another one of those not-so-wonderful health weeks where I've been doing along of laying around, praying my brains will stay inside my head and just hoping pain-free will be my reality again soon... In the interim, I like to distract myself with flipping through websites when I can't sleep just to see what kind of cool and fun stuff is happening all around the virtual world.

Here were some of my super-cool finds from this week:

My Sing Along/Super-Geek Find of the Week:

MathPi  is a really great song that gives a little history of the number pi and just might help you impress your friends with memorizing a bunch of digits after the decimal point.
My "Now I Have to Read That Book!" Find of the Week:
Amusing Ourselves comparing Orwell's vision of the future in Nineteen Eighty Four and Huxley's vision from A Brave New World quickly put two books on my "must read" list - Huxley's and, the book this site is from "Amusing Ourselves to Death" by Stuart McMillen.
My "This is Exactly What I've Been Waiting For!" Find of the Week:
SproutRobot just seems like the coolest thing ever! I type in my zip code and they tell me which seeds to plant and how to do it. What's even more is, if I would like to subscribe to their service, they will send me the seeds I need in time. I love this idea and am squirreling away some pennies right now to become their newest member! 
My Cool Random Trivia Find of the Week:
The Pizza Principle is something I never heard of before, but will likely never forget. Even though I can't enjoy this delicious local fare anymore now that I am gluten and dairy free, it behooves me as a resident New Yorker to know as much about it as possible.
My "Truth is Stranger Than Fiction" Find of the Week:
13 Simpsons Jokes That Actually Came True  is funny, sickening and, in one case thoroughly delightful, but I still can't believe it!! Out of all of my finds, this is probably the one I've been talking about most to whoever will listen. 
My Coolest Cake Find of the Week:
Leprechaun Trap Cake is quite possibly the coolest cake I have seen on the Internet in awhile (and that's saying something!). I don't want to spoil it, I just want you to check it out. It is super, super cool and I don't think I would ever be able to do something so awesome! 
and finally....

The "This Guy Is My Hero" Find of the Week:
The Guy Who Owns Only 15 Things is pretty much my hero. In this post we see him pictured with those 15 things and can read about what kind of life one can lead while armed with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment