Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne


The following post is taken directly from my hand-printed Reader's Journal. I will be sharing these reflections each week on the Rivera Runs Through It blog. The date at the end of each post is the date of the original writing, which is typically the date I completed the book. The reflections are short, but represent my initial reactions to a book, a brief summary of the book or the questions it raised for me at the time. I hope you enjoy this segment in my blog and feel free to comment on what you read here.





Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne
I had no idea that Winnie-the-Pooh was such an idiot! I never was a big fan of th cartoons, but after reading this book I truly fail to see any allure this character has. Yes, he is cute in a dopey way, but I don't think a child can follow the confusing merry-go-round dialogue that takes place between the often befuddled characters. Maybe I'm being too harsh, maybe I'll give it another try some day... who knows?

Dated: 08/19/02

As I was reading this entry before typing it up here all I keep thinking was, "Whoa! Why are you being so harsh, Nicole? You NEED to give this book another try!" I was so happy to find that final line thrown in there.


Have you ever reread a book after not liking it? If so, what was the outcome? If not, what stayed your hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment