Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What if you met an alien? [Writing Prompt]

What if #22:

What if you met an alien?

This picture really freaks me out. (source)
Ever since my parents took me to see E.T. in the theater, I have had an extreme fear of alien life. My family has always been amused by this fact and has continually entertained themselves by exposing me to as many stories and movies as they could get their hands on as well as randomly buying E.T. stuffed animals and leaving them in all of the scariest of places for me to find.

I've tried to be proactive about my fear and search out knowledge about the possibility of extra-terrestrial life. In many ways I love the idea of it as a super-fan of Star Wars, Star Trek, and, of course, Doctor Who, but the reality of it strikes me differently.This is on my mind because yesterday it hit the news again.


Each time I see a story like this flying around the Internet, or even being broadcast on my evening news, I tend to cringe. Are they coming? What do they want? Will they abduct me, experiment on me, take me away from my family? The fears mount (and get increasingly ridiculous).

So I'm wondering how you would handle the situation of meeting an alien. You, my sane, normal, perfectly balanced reader. What would you do if you met an alien? Write your response and link it below:





Each week the Rivera Runs Through It blog presents a different "What If...?" question for you to explore.
Link up your own post about this week's question. If you have arrived at this post and the inlinkz tool is closed, or you don't have a blog, then please leave your response (or link) in the comment section below using DISQUS.

For a list of all of the What if questions asked so far, 


No comments:

Post a Comment