Tuesday, September 13, 2011

100 Random Questions Answered [The First 50]

For my SITS class on the ProBlogger's book "First Week of Blogging" I am supposed to write an About Me post. It has come to my attention, though, through a lot of this memoir writing and randomness I bring to you here on Rivera Runs Through It, you may already know a lot about me, so instead I found these 100 random questions and decided I'll answer them, hoping we'll stumble upon some new facts about me!
  
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. 
There's a picture on page 18. The book is The Cooking With Trader Joe's Cookbook. (Trader Joe's should be opening up the block from me soon!)

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
A red floor pillow that is not on the floor.

3. Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
I was on reddit.com doing nothing important.

4. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Conan O'Brien. It must have been a repeat of last night's show.


5. Without looking, guess what time it is
8:49pm, or, according to my iPhone 20:49

6. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?  9:11 pm

7. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?  Crickets outside the front window. Death and destruction on the TV as my husband plays Halo.

1 of 4 pumpkins
8. When did you last step outside? What were you doing? Before dinner, went to go check on my pumpkins and I found a HUGE praying mantis. IT.WAS.AWESOME.
Awesome praying mantis

9. Did you dream last night? Didn't sleep last night. At all. I changed medicines yesterday. Fell asleep at about 11:30am until 1pm. Keeping myself awake so I sleep tonight.
 
10. Do you remember your dreams? Very frequently. They are pretty awesome.

11. When did you last laugh?
Not too long ago, while on reddit. I found this Law & Order SVU Drinking game hilarious. I believe this might kill anyone.

12. Do you remember why / at what?
Um... have you stopped paying attention to me? I will quote my answer above for you:
"I found this Law & Order SVU Drinking game hilarious. I believe this might kill anyone."
13. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Paint. And then, behind me there are a bunch of pictures from my wedding.


14. Seen anything weird lately?
Did I mention I was on reddit today?

15. What do you think of this quiz?
It is keeping me relatively amused for the moment and I am sure my husband is pleased I have not questioned him about the television domination his video game has taken.


The Help16. What is the last film you saw?
In the movies, I don't think I've been back to the theater since I saw The Help in the first week of August. At home, I fell asleep during Conan The Barbarian.
 
17. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Wherever the temperature stays in the 70s and there's no rain. Unfortunately, I love the rain, but the on coming storms give me headaches that put me out of commission.  I'd like to stay here (New York) if I could just trap it in Spring/Fall weather forever.

18. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
My house and then another house somewhere in the mountains.

19. Tell me something about you that most people don't know.
Wow. I don't know... I'm thinking... There was a time when I wanted to be an architect.

20. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
I don't know how it could be done, but I would want the entire world to respect all life - human life, animals life, plant life - and maintain a balanced coexistence with all. 

21. Do you like to dance?
 I don't think so. This is a rough one for me. I have happy memories of dancing times, but I don't know if it was the dancing that was fun, because now-a-days dancing just stresses me out!

22. Would you ever consider living abroad?
 Without a doubt. In a second. Anyone got a place for me, my hubby, two dogs, a gecko and a pond of fish. (OK... maybe I'll leave the fish!)


23. Does your name make any interesting anagrams?
 Evidently, it makes 3098 anagrams (thank you, Wordsmith.org!). The one I like the best is "Carnivore Lie" since I am currently wondering (AGAIN!) whether or not I should give up meat since I keep losing this battle with my high cholesterol!

24. Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
My little brother. 

Muppets: The Green Album25. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
The Muppets: The Green Album. It is AWESOME. You need to get it now, if you didn't already!


26. Last time you swam in a pool?
 Well, now you are just trying to make me cry. I love swimming and haven't gone in well over a year. My goggles, swim cap and bathing suit are bone dry (come to think of it, my suit probably doesn't even fit!). One of my goals this school year is to get my energy up enough so I can get back in the pool. The smell of chlorine is like aromatherapy for me - when I smell a pool I am calmed the way most people do when they smell lavender.

27. Type of music you like most?
Alternative and Classic Rock. I could listen to 101.9RXP for the rest of my life and be happy.

28. Type of music you dislike most?
Hmm...  I used to always answer "country" to this question, but, I've got to be honest, I think country is growing on me. Oh! I know! I don't like to listen to dance/house music - I mean, if we're in a club, that's a different story, but I don't just listen to it!

29. Are you listening to music right now?
 Yes. I am listening to the beautiful songs of the crickets outside the window. (Only beautiful because I am not trying to sleep right now).

30. What color is your bedroom carpet?
 No carpet ANYWHERE. Hardwood floors. We had carpet in the basement. We had a flood. Carpet is no longer.

31. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
I've got a list on my hall closet door of all the things that need changing RIGHT NOW. #1 the bathrooms need to be redone.

32. What was the last thing you bought?
 Food.


33. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?
 I don't think so.


34. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
 Absolutely. I was supposed to go skydiving the summer I was diagnosed with my crazy disease (pre-diagnosis, of course).

35. Do you have a garden?  I have a space in my backyard where pumpkins have been nice enough to grow for me. I take NO CREDIT for this whatsoever. I would like a garden. I hope to, someday, be the person who can maintain one.

36. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?  If we sing it together, yes. If you ask me to sing it right here, alone, without music, I will probably mess it up somewhere.

37. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
 What time is it?

38. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
 I feel like a social moron, so I fear that I would be awkward with whomever I pick, but let me think. You know, after an article I read last night, I think I would love to have lunch with Jimmy Carter and I think I'd be comfortable with him as well.


39. Who sent the last text message you received?
Let me check... Oh look at this! I got a text from Notify NYC - my favorite! It is announcing the Aerial Larviciding that wil be happening over my house for the next three days! Oh Joy! Thank you, West Nile Virus! Thank You, Mosquitoes! I am so happy that POISON will be sprayed down upon me for the next three days!

40. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
 Wow, this is difficult. Right now I'm thinking of some place where I could get lots of food stuff to store up for winter or something. Maybe CostCo - it has a little bit of everything (I can even grab a book and a DVD if I want!).

41. What time is bed time?
Somewhere between midnight and 2am. Anything else means something is wrong - either my medicine is off or my body is.


42. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
 No, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. My mother thought I should try when I just started high school, so she took me to this hotel that was holding interviews. The people said that if I really wanted to do this I needed to come out of my shell more and be more open. I explained to my mother in the car ride home that I tried for her, but that just wasn't me.


43. How many tattoos do you have?
 None. Too much of a commitment.


44. If you don't have any, have you ever thought of getting one?
 Not seriously.

45. What did you do for your last birthday?
 Is it sad that I don't remember?

46. Do you carry a donor card?
 Only a blood donor card. I need to fix that though - this wacky body needs to go to science! (I don't think anybody actually wants any of my faulty parts!).


47. Who was the last person you ate dinner with?
 My husband. He's awesome.

48. Is the glass half empty or half full?
 Half full and, if you hold it at just the right angle it may even appear to be 3/4 full!

49. What's the farthest-away place you've been?
 Tunisia, I think.

50. When's the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
 Grown at my home? Not since I was little. Sad, but true. Grown at someone else's home? Over the summer.

OK. I think that's enough for right now! Tune in soon for the continuation!!
Check out my new About.me profile!

No comments:

Post a Comment