Wednesday, September 14, 2011

100 Random Questions Answered [The Last 50]

For my SITS class on the ProBlogger's book "First Week of Blogging" I am supposed to write an About Me post. It has come to my attention, though, through a lot of this memoir writing and randomness I bring to you here on Rivera Runs Through It, you may already know a lot about me, so instead I found these 100 random questions and decided I'll answer them, hoping we'll stumble upon some new facts about me!

Did you miss Part 1? HERE'S PART 2... 



51. Have you ever won a trophy?
Yep. I was on various sports teams in elementary and junior high school.

52. Are you a good cook?
We don't starve around here. I have a lot to learn, but I think I'm OK. I have a bunch of recipes and food stories on my foodie blog Searching for Sustenance.

53. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
That was the only way I used to do it!

54. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
I'm coming back to this one.


55. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school?
For eleven years and I miss it terribly. That made things so simple!


56. Do you touch-type?
No, but I had to teach touch typing. Isn't that ridiculous?


57. What's under your bed?
Shoes and dust-bunnies.

58. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I don't think so.

59. Think fast, what do you like right now?
Writing.


60. Where were you on Valentine's day?
Home, movies, blogging - starting this blog, in fact.

61. What time do you get up?
Since he started work again I've been getting up with my husband at 7am. Otherwise, my natural wake up time is around 9:30-10:00am.

62. What was the name of your first pet?
Rufus.

63. Who is the second to last person to call you?
Sylvester, my husband's friend.


64. Is there anything going on this weekend?
Yep. Fun and festivities.

65. How are you feeling right now?
Headache is finally gone, just a little pressure on the right side of my head. Otherwise, OK.


66. What do you think about the most?
What I am writing about next.


67. What time do you get up in the morning?
How is this question different than #61?

68. If you had A Big Win in the Lottery, how long would you wait to tell people?
Until I received the money, at least.

69. Who would you tell first?
Well, I would tell my husband right away, but he's not people, he's Bobby!

70. Do you sing in the shower?
Yes. I have a shower radio, and when I don't I make up my own songs about the shower, my day, my ridiculous bathroom situation - whatever strikes me.


71. What do you do most when you are bored?
I go to twitter.


72. What do you do for a living?
Breathe, focus on getting better, write and hope someday I will find a way to make money again that I love!


73. Do you love your job?
I loved my job (as a teacher). I think I could love writing the same way, or at least close to it, if I could find the right kind of writing gig.

74. What did you want to be when you grew up?
First, I wanted to be a journalist. Then I wanted to be a writer. Then I wanted to be a science teacher, or scientist so I could go into space like Christa Mcauliffe. Finally, I decided teacher. There was a quick deviation for architect and political dreams (I had an AWESOME US History teacher during and election year), but teacher won out knowing I could always write even while I was teaching (which I did).


75. If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?
This is a loaded one. I must be careful what I write here... I am still, as I think I have always been, torn between teaching and writing. My teaching dreams have so many conditions placed upon them based upon past experiences, moves in the system right now that I don't like and moves that I do like, that I don't know what the "dream teaching job" looks like. Therefore, I think, if I could have anything right now, especially because I am also enjoying the slowness of my current life, if I could have any job it would be to paid for my writing.

76. Which came first the chicken or the egg?
The egg, which was laid by something that closely resembled a chicken, but was not a chicken yet - it's egg was the next leap in evolution. Someone told me this, I wish I could remember who, because, to me, that is the answer to that question.


77. How many keys on your key ring?
Two - house and car.

78. Where would you retire to?
I'm already here.

79. What kind of car do you drive?
I can't drive anymore.

80. What are your best physical features?
I still say my eyes even though one eyelid got sliced in a surgery and the eyes themselves aren't at 100% functionality.


81. What are your best characteristics?
Optimism.

82. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?
If I could go anywhere, then I would go everywhere.
 
83. What kind of books do you like to read?
I like YA novels. I like dystopian tales. I like non-fiction when I want to learn about a subject matter, but it takes me forever and a day to finish them. I like comic books, but usually independent ones.
I like a lot of different types of books. I don't think I like romance novels, though.


84. What is your favorite time of the day?
The quiet times.

85. Where did you grow up?
Right here.

86. How far away from your birthplace do you live now?
0 inches.

87. What are you reading now?
I am rereading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for the first time while I am exploring Pottermore. com.

88. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Night Owl.

89. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
Can't believe I just tried to do that. No. I can't.


90. Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?
Yes. Is that weird?

91. Do you have pets?
Two dogs, one gecko and at least eight fish (we are still not sure how many babies were born in the pond this summer - every time we do a count there's more!).


92. How many rings before you answer the phone?
Oh man. I don't like the phone. It depends. Sometimes one ring, sometimes I don't make it at all.

93. What is your best childhood memory?
Family.

94. What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life?
Newspaper girl, I worked in a Gourmet Fares & Wares store in the Mall, I was a student teacher, I was an administrative assistant in a head hunter's office, office assistant in a medical office (Temp), tutor, high school math teacher.

95. Who is your favorite Muppet?
I have to pick one?? This is ridiculous. Beeker makes me laugh.   Ernie and I were inseparable as children. Fozzie is awesome. Pepe is also hilarious. Well, I guess it has to be Kermit. All he has to do is strum that banjo and sing me the Rainbow Connection and he'll win the day every time.

96. What's the longest you've gone without sleep?
I believe the longest is 36 hours.

97. Have you ever taken a picture in one of those booths?
Yep. My husband and I took a picture in one at a wedding show we went to. (That was about the best thing about the whole show. That thing was torture.)

98. Any new and exciting things that you would like to share?
I'm pretty excited that I got a Press Pass for the New York Comic Con so I can cover the event for the Rivera Runs Through It blog. Also, I got sorted into Ravenclaw at Pottermore. Besides that, not so much.

99. What is most important in life?
Who you are with.

100. What Inspires You?
Nature. 


Please share at least one random fact about yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment