Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Left Behind: A Novel of the Earth's Last Days by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins


The following post is taken directly from my hand-printed Reader's Journal. I will be sharing these reflections each week on the Rivera Runs Through It blog. The date at the end of each post is the date of the original writing, which is typically the date I completed the book. The reflections are short, but represent my initial reactions to a book, a brief summary of the book or the questions it raised for me at the time. I hope you enjoy this segment in my blog and feel free to comment on what you read here.




Left Behind: A Novel of the Earth's Last Days by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins


I can't remember the last time a book had me question myself so much. It is a fictional story of what happens to the Earth after the Rapture. Jesus Christ has come down to Earth and taken all his people to heaven, all others are left behind. The book contradicts many of my beliefs about who gets into heaven and how thy do that - and that is where the questioning comes from. Am I to believe that all the people in the world that do not believe in Jesus do not deserve salvation?! There are so many that do not have the freedom to choose or the education to know. Is it truly God's will to deprive them for that?! I will probably continue to read this entire series of books to hopefully answer these questions.

Dated: 04/27/02

Have you ever read a book that caused you to question your own beliefs? 
If so, which book?

No comments:

Post a Comment