Friday, September 2, 2011

Are You Ready for Pottermore?


Whether you are a Pottermore Beta tester awaiting your e-mail, or, like the rest of the world, just waiting for the wide release in October - I'd like to share some [NON SPOILER] tips with you for this fantastic journey of fun!
  1. Get your Harry Potter books and reading glasses ready. I have tried it both ways - reading along as I go through Pottermore and not reading just to get through more quickly and I must say that reading along makes for a much richer experience. This is a an experience designed around these seven books, so it makes sense to bring them along for the ride!
  2. Once they start getting them, jot down your friends' Pottermore user names. My user name is PumpkinElm207. Look me up when you get to Pottermore, let's be friends! Either email me your name or put it in the comments below!
  3. Take your time and ask others to not reveal any *spoilers* to you. It's difficult when everyone is so excited about what they are finding all over Pottermore, but I do believe this should be your experience as well. Rather than searching online to find out all of the different things that JK Rowling wrote on the site, wait until you get there and discover it for yourself. It is such a wonderful surprise when you stumble upon one of her fabulous story snippets!
  4. Keep in mind that for many readers of our future, Harry Potter may be first read using Pottermore. In other words, gauge your expectations based on where you are in the story. Many comments on the site have been asking for much more of the story to be revealed all the way at the beginning of the journey. Please remember while you are on Pottermore that some people there (I know this may be hard for you to believe) may not have read all (or any of the Harry Potter books!).
Photo from geeksaresexy.net
I think that's all I can say at this time without revealing too much of what's going on in Pottermore itself. Having spent only four days there myself so far, I must say I am in book love all over again with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Philosopher's Stone) and can't believe again how amazing JK Rowling is. This project is an amazing experience for all Harry Potter fans, but I think, also, all readers and writers to see how we can continue to engage in a reading long after it seems the story has ended.


So I'd like to give a huge "Thank You!" shout out to JK Rowling and the whole Pottermore staff for such a great experience so far!

Are you in Pottermore , or waiting for an e-mail?
Have you decided to wait for October?
How do you feel about the potential of Harry Potter being introduced to many readers alongside the Pottermore experience? Do you think they should read first without it, or use them hand in hand?

UPDATE: 
HERE IS A LINK FOR A POTTERMORE FORUM WITH FANS GATHERING TO ASK/ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT POTTERMORE! **TREAD CAREFULLY THERE WILL BE SPOILERS HERE!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment