Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Dropped the Oars! [ROW80 CheckIn]

It was not intentional at all, but my entire challenge fell by the wayside since Sunday. In fact, to be perfectly honest, my whole life did. At this moment, I feel as though I may be able to pick up all the pieces when I wake up in the morning, but I know better than to speak definitively.

The adorable term for what I am is a Spoonie. As defined in the urban dictionary, a spoonie is

A person living with chronic illness, that identifies with Christine Miserandino's Spoon Theory.
Spoonies are people that live with chronic illness; theoretically measuring personal daily abilities much as one would measure the proper amount of spoons needed for an event or occasion... sometimes having an abundance, other times coming up short.
The reality of it is I have a chronic disease (two, actually). So... that gets in the way. Hence there has been zero progress for me, but there is a tale of frustration in the blog post I wrote earlier today called Doppleganger Days

For now that is all I can contribute. However, I have hopes that this week still has more to offer, so don't fret, you haven't heard the last of me yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment