Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Life of Pi by Yann Martel


The following post is taken directly from my hand-printed Reader's Journal. I will be sharing these reflections each week on the Rivera Runs Through It blog. The date at the end of each post is the date of the original writing, which is typically the date I completed the book. The reflections are short, but represent my initial reactions to a book, a brief summary of the book or the questions it raised for me at the time. I hope you enjoy this segment in my blog and feel free to comment on what you read here.





Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Another of Book Magazine's top books of 2002. It tells the story of Pi Patel, an Indian boy intrigued by religions and animals. Pi grew up on a zoo in Indian and left himself open to various religions as he came upon them. Already leading this unique life, things take a turn for the stranger when his family decides to move to Canada. On the trip one night the ship sinks and Pi is a lonely cast away on a strange adventure with even stranger boat-mates.

Dated: 02/01/03
Have you read Life of Pi recently, or do you recollect it? I personally remember having a coupe of burning questions about the conclusion of this book, or perhaps it had something to do with Pi's philosophy by the end of the tale... No one I knew had read it at the time, so there was no one to query. If you have any thoughts about Pi, I'd love to read them in my comments! (Maybe they will jog my memory!)



No comments:

Post a Comment